Leaders Partner for East Gainesville
An 8 year old initiative to help people in East Gainesville is changing its name and focusing on new priorities. The East Gainesville Initiative announced it's name change to the East Gainesville Instruction Thursday evening. Leaders said the change comes as they reconfirm they're commitment to the east Gainesville community. They laid out a strategic plan for the next 5 years. The new plan focuses on 9 objectives among them improving high school graduation rates and increasing access to technology.
"I think if we can focus on those 3 areas that of literacy, that of technical support, and that of enhancing educational empowerment that is definitely a first start for the residents of east Gainesville," said Executive Director Karen Cole-Smith.
East Gainesville instruction leaders said they are addressing one surprising need, basic computer skills. That can make finding a job for those in need even more difficult.
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Super Walmart Center Boon to East Gainesville Economy
- North East Gainesville Shooting
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- East Gainesville family fights mold...with the help of a "Superhero"
- Howard Bishop Teachers Tour East Gainesville
- East Gainesville Reacts
- Sexual Battery in North East Gainesville, Third Attack in a Week
- Revitalizing East Gainesville Pushes Forward