Looking for Work, Beware of this Internet Scam
Searching for a job can be in itself a full time job. After months of searching for employment, one North Central Florida mom finally had a job offer but it was an offer that she had to refuse. Williston resident Dana Francis has spent the last 3 months looking for work. She finally got a response for a receptionist job in Gainesville advertised on craigslist. After a lengthy online interview, they told her she would be based at home working for a British company. Francis admitted she had reservations about the offer but everything seemed like it checked out.
"Everything just seemed so put together. Even the site that it was based through, I could pull it up, google it, and go right down to the building in London," said Dana Francis.
She said Wednesday she received a check totaling almost $3,000. After checking with the bank, she realized it was bogus. To see more on this scam, watch the video to your right.
- Drunk Drivers Beware: Cops Are Looking for You
- Detectives Look for Accomplice in Check Scam
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
- Internet Scam
- Speeders Beware
- Boaters Beware! Lovable Beasts on the Move!
- Boaters Beware:
- Driver's Beware Roam Towing Is Still In Effect
- Trouble-makers in Bars Beware!
- Buyer Beware!