"Love, Not Dove" T-Shirts
The Dove World Outreach Center gained early notoriety with a t-shirt that a handful of children wore to school. Now, the church is the focus of a new t-shirt. Dragonfly Graphics Owner Joy Revels had the inspiration for the "Love, Not Dove" t-shirt. The word "dove" is a direct reference to the Dove Center whose planned Koran burning has sparked outrage across the globe. Revels along with her staff has printed 200 t-shirts and are giving them away free of charge. She hopes people will wear the shirt as a sign of solidarity for tolerance.
"I think what we're doing is a mainstream response to an extremist view and that's what i hope our community will see," said Joy Revels.
On the back of the shirt are words taken from an old Elvis Costello song "What's so funny about peace, love and understanding." To see more on the shirts and the reason behind them, watch the video to your right.
- Universal Ejects Fla. Man Because of T-shirt
- Church Behind Offensive T-Shirt at School
- Tebows' Lawyers Issue Cease and Desist Letter to T-Shirt Company
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Sante Fe's "Operation Carepak" Is Sending Love to Soldiers
- Cornerstone Academy Needs a "Miracle" to Purchase Dove Property
- Family Members Wait Anxiously To Hear From Loved Ones In Haiti
- Drivers Love To Hate Lovebugs
- (Don't) Love That Dirty Water
- A Love For Their Country, And One Another