Schools May Lose Chocolate Milk
In an effort to fight childhood obesity, the Florida Board of Education has agreed to move forward with a plan to get rid of sugary drinks at public schools-- that includes soda and flavored milk.
At alachua county schools, vanilla and strawberry flavored milk are no longer served. However, chocolate milk is still on the menu.
"We have over 75% percent of our students right now that actually chose- everyday-chocolate milk on our menu," said Pennie Rodriguez, Food and Nutrition Specialist for Alachua County Public Schools.
- Levy County Teachers May Be Losing Jobs
- Former GPD Officer May Lose Pension
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- Milk Prices
- Got Raw Milk?
- After School Program Loses Funding, Needs Help
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- Students May Pay Out of Pocket for School