Slight Rise in Florida's Unemployment Rates
North Central Florida's unemployment rates rose slightly in August, but one Gainesville program is still in business helping put people to work.
Job Corp is the nation's largest educational workforce training program. Designed for the economically disadvantaged youth, ages 16-24, Job Corp offers students a chance to earn their GED as well as train for different trades. There are more than three hundred students in the program right now.
Job Corp puts an emphasis on helping students find a trade that not only fits them, but that they'll be successful in. Two areas of the economy that always need new workers are the health care and going green sectors. Job Corp already trains for healthcare and is gearing up for a new program that will train students in solar panel installation.
- North Central Florida's April Unemployment Figures Released
- New Website for Florida's Unemployed
- Florida's Unemployment Falls to 7.8 percent
- Florida's Flu Season Rated Moderately Severe
- Florida's Crime Rate Dropped 6.5 Percent in 2012
- Unemployment Rate Grows in Florida
- Commercial Construction Jobs on the Rise? Only slightly.
- Florida's Law 'Stand Your Ground' is Here to Stay
- Florida Unemployment Rate Drops to 9 Percent
- Florida's High Schools Improving