NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
The Gainesville Regional Airport will install 160 solar panels on their roof come October thanks to a state grant.
Once in place, the panels will generate their own energy and save the facility on utility costs.
This is not the first time the airport has used solar energy before.
Forty years ago, rooftop panels warmed water for the building and captured international attention for the innovative idea.
Those panels were removed in the 1980's and the new models are far more technologically advanced.
- Stoneridge Installs Solar Panels
- Solar Panel Contract Comes Under Criticism
- Solar Panels on School Roofs Approved
- Area Firefighters Train to Deal With Solar Panel Fires
- Solar Energy in Gainesville
- Solar Energy
- Zero Energy Solar Homes
- Educating Others About Solar Energy
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- Saving Energy For Shands, Saving Money for the City