Tea Party Members Demonstrate in Ocala
In Ocala local tea party members took their political beliefs to the streets of the Downtown Square.
The signs they held touched on some of the core issues of current political contention.
The Ocala Tea Party members are found every Wednesday and Friday at the Square holding up signs and vouching for their key points of interest such as immigration and oil drilling.
Member, Rosa Lee Crowell was holding a "Drill Now" banner. She explained why she demonstrates in 90 degree weather. "We are out here because it's our passion, because we hope we can make a difference. And we are not out here to engage people in an argument of any sort but we certainly would like to talk to people and explain to them what the sentiment of the Tea Party is."
The Ocala Tea Party's website states their goal is to remove progressive politicians from office at the local, state and federal level regardless of party affiliation.
- Ocala Tea Party President Killed in Crash
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- Tea Party Express
- Romney Seeks Tea Party Votes, Satorum Hunts Cash
- GOP's Santorum Draws Tea Party Ire in Kansas
- Report Reveals More on IRS Targeting of Tea Party Groups
- Ocala Quadruple Homicide: Family Members Look for Justice
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
- Anti-Islam Demonstration
- Maveric UAS Demonstration