Toddler Brings Pot to School
He showed, and a classmate told...
On Monday, a three-year-old brought two baggies of pot to his pre-school class, and as of right now, it looks like he didn't get them from home.
The Lake City toddler showed the marijuana to a classmate at Niblack elementary school, who in turn told the teacher.
Sheriff's deputies contacted the child's mother, 52-year-old Debra White, who said the marijuana did not come from her home.
Detectives searched White's home and found no evidence of marijuana.
"It could have come from the street, on the ground...the kid does ride the bus to school, it could have been another student," said Sgt. Edward Seifert with the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
As of right now, deputies say no charges have been filed against White.
The child is back with his mother. Seifert says the Department of Children and Families has opened an investigation, but there have been no arrests so far.
- Kid Brings Guns to School
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- Two High School Students Bring Loaded Shotgun to Class
- Tax Free Weekend Brings Big Crowds for Back to School Shopping
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House
- Report: Bieber had Pot, Xanax in System at Arrest
- City and Family at Odds Over Pot-Bellied Pig
- Local Plant Nursery Can Be The Next Legal Pot Grower
- Pot Homes
- Big Pot Bust