Airport Chaos Part Of Drill
It's hard to keep a cool head in a red hot emergency.
That's why at Gainesville's Regional Airport is preparing for it before it happens.
It looks, sounds and feels like the real thing but it's all part of an exercise.
Every three years national and local agencies work with the airport to undergo a drill that simulates a traumatic and chaotic event.
This year emergency responders tried to get to the scene of a plane crash involving 50 people in three minutes, and treat them for their injuries.
The drill gave agencies a chance to see how emergency responders handle chaotic situations and allowed student paramedics, posing as victims, to experience a crisis from the patient's perspective.
- Airport conducts full-scale emergency exercise drill
- Downtown Chaos
- Emergency Drill
- Oil Drilling Safety
- Off-Shore Oil Drilling Ban Lifted
- Offshore Oil Drilling
- Off-Shore Oil Drilling
- Crist Open Minded on Offshore Oil Drilling
- Florida Left Out of Drill Deal
- Argument Continues Over Oil Drilling Off Florida's Coast