Hand Delievered Envelope Sparked Emotions
An increasingly bitter, public battle took a new dimension Friday afternoon. The Alachua county commission filed a response to the sheriff's appeal to the state over money she said her office desperately needs. The report said the sheriff's budget is more than fair, given the tough economic times. However, it was overshadowed by a hand delivered envelope. So much so, it changed the top county official's willingness to even speak with TV20.
"The county commission believes in these difficult times all areas of government...need to reduce their budgets," said Alachua county communications director Mark Sexton.
To see more on this report, watch the video to you right.
- Utilities Building Enveloped in Early Morning Fire
- Jails Move to Postcards, discard Envelopes
- Verdict In On O'Quinn: Emotional End To An Exhausting Trial
- Repairing Emotional Wounds: Going Back to Iraq
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- Emotions Run High as Commissioners Face Questions During Biomass Plant "Workshop"
- Mock Car Crashes at Local High School Makes Teens Emotional
- Michael Bargo's Mother Gives Emotional Testimony
- Kevorkian Sparks Debate
- Proposed Eastside Annexation Sparks Debate