Lost Everything in Fire
A fire burned his apartment but a Gainesville resident said he was burned by his apartment complex. Michael Scott admitted he left a pot on the stove on September 24th. He said the fire didn't have to spread if he had a working extinguisher. Scott said when neighbors tried to use the extinguisher nothing came out but air. He blames his apartment complex "In the Pines." Scott now lives in a nearby apartment and said everyday he sees a charred reminder of what he's lost and it's not material goods.
"Just coming here and having a place of comfort and things that I've worked so hard for... just not to have a place called home," said Michael Scott.
3 days after the fire, apartment management issued a notice to residents that said in June 2010 fire extinguishers were updated but some residents may have been left out. To see more this story, watch the video to your right.
- They Lost Everything But Will Never Know
- Local family loses everything in house fire, seeking community support
- Family Gives Everything To Retired Horses
- Ocala Man Beaten and Robbed of Everything but His Underwear
- Charity Playhouse Will Have Everything 'Except Air Conditioning'
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Will Susan Baird's Win Change Everything?
- Starke man murders wife, son sees everything
- Facebook Helps Reunite Lost Pets With Owners
- Lost Marion County Woman and Children Have Been Found