Is Meridian to Blame?
Four hours before 24-year-old Clifford Miller went on a deadly shooting spree in Northeast Gainesville on Monday, he was turned away from a scheduled appointment at a behavioral heath care clinic.
"This is the evidence bag, from my father, and through here, is my brothers card, where he was supposed to go to Meridian" said 25-year-old Tonya Miller, as she shifted through evidence collected from her father's body,
Miller says she spoke to her dad around 11:00 Monday afternoon, and he was getting ready to take Clifford Jr. to his scheduled appointment at the
Meridian Behavior Healthcare Center in Southwest Gainesville.
"The judge ordered him to be on medicine..the judge court ordered him," said Miller.
On September 28, a week before the shootings, a judge ordered Clifford to prove he was being medicated before a compliance hearing scheduled for the following Wednesday.
Clifford had been in jail before, and if he didn't follow the judge's orders, he was facing jail time again.
"He was terrified to go back to jail," said Miller, "my daddy kept onto all the appointments and he was very very strict on going to appointments."
Out of his medication, and needing documentation for the court, Miller says, on Monday her dad took Clifford to his 12:30 appointment at Meridian.
But Miller said, Clifford was turned away.
"Every time you go there, they give you an appointment card.. but when you come sign in, they say we don't have you in our system for the appointment," Miller said.
Meridian prepared a statement for the media, and said before patient confidentiality, they had no comment.
- Downtown Business Owners Say Homeless Problem is Out of Control- Who's To Blame?
- Former Meridian Employee Accused of Having Sex with 14 Year Old Patient
- Low Pay May Be To Blame For Regional Pilot Shortages
- Undercover Sex Sting Nabs Seven Men, as Police Blame Paper for Exposing Operation
- FHP: One Person Killed in Single-Car Accident On I-75, Rainy Weather to Blame
- School Officials Blame Dip in Grades on State's Changes to F-CAT
- Rape Suspect Blames Alcohol For His Behavior
- Who's to Blame for the Murder of Marion County Teen?
- Alcoholic Rage Could Be To Blame For Murder
- Three sinkholes within three miles, heavy rain is to blame