Multiple Shooting in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A shooting spree in the Gainesville Alachua County area Monday afternoon left two people dead and five wounded, police say.
The suspect, identified as Clifford L. Miller Jr., 24, shot and killed himself.
Miller drove a red truck throughout the shooting spree at six locations, all in the southeast corner of Alachua County, starting around 4 p.m., says Gainesville police Cpl. Tscharna Senn.
Five victims were shot within city limits, while the other two were shot in Alachua County.
There was no immediate motive for the shootings.
Gainesville Police Capt. Ed Book said the suspect was pulled
over and shot himself.
"We believe we're with the suspect and the vehicle, and there
is no one out there running around," Book said.
The wounded were being taken to Shands Hospital, where family
members were gathering.
- Multiple Shooting Incidents Over the Weekend
- Multiple Crashes Due To Weather Cause Traffic In Gainesville
- Multiple fatalities reported in Texas biker gang shooting
- RTS Makes Multiple Milestones
- Special SWAT Tool Saves the Day in Multiple Counties
- Home Raid Leads to Multiple Arrests
- 4 Arrested For Multiple Bank Robberies
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- A Woman Beats the Odds Multiple Times