Multiple Shooting in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A shooting spree in the Gainesville Alachua County area Monday afternoon left two people dead and five wounded, police say.
The suspect, identified as Clifford L. Miller Jr., 24, shot and killed himself.
Miller drove a red truck throughout the shooting spree at six locations, all in the southeast corner of Alachua County, starting around 4 p.m., says Gainesville police Cpl. Tscharna Senn.
Five victims were shot within city limits, while the other two were shot in Alachua County.
There was no immediate motive for the shootings.
Gainesville Police Capt. Ed Book said the suspect was pulled
over and shot himself.
"We believe we're with the suspect and the vehicle, and there
is no one out there running around," Book said.
The wounded were being taken to Shands Hospital, where family
members were gathering.
- Multiple Shooting Incidents Over the Weekend
- Polo Matches Resume After Multiple Deaths
- Lake City Teen Arrested In Connection With Multiple Burglaries
- RTS Makes Multiple Milestones
- Gainesville Connection with Tallahassee Shooting
- Gainesville Shooting
- North East Gainesville Shooting
- Press Conference Held Today For Gainesville Shooting Spree
- Shooting in Southwest Gainesville
- UPDATE: Sunday Shooting in Southwest Gainesville