Record Ridership For RTS
Gainesville's Regional Transit System is celebrating an increase in ridership.
On August 25th the bus service set a record for the number of riders in one day and now September has topped the number of people who take the bus in a month.
Additionally the 2009-2010 fiscal year was the busiest yet for RTS.
The agency has dealt with budget cuts at time when there was an increase in the demand for their services.
To help save on costs, without reducing routes RTS eliminated bus service on Black Friday and Christmas Eve.
For more information about bus routes, schedules and times you can visit Regional Transit System.
- RTS May Ban Smoking at Bus Depot
- RTS Job Fair
- New RTS Service On Its Way
- $9 Million Federal Grant for RTS
- Gainesville RTS to Reduce Service Next Week
- RTS Bus Schedule Change
- RTS Contract Negotiations Head to Arbitration as Union Rejects City's Latest Offer
- New Fare Boxes In RTS Buses
- UF And RTS Launch GPS Bus Tracking System
- Keeping RTS Buses En Route