"His life inspired people to love others and care for others and my hope is that will grow and be stronger now..." -Chris James, Young Life area director.
19-year-old Anthony Minzie spent his last Friday night with friends. A freshmen at Florida state, Minzie was in town for the weekend, when around 11 P.M., police responded to a 911 call from a Gainesville house party.
Young Life area director Chris James says, Minzie was a popular kid, with a big heart.
After he graduated from Buchholz in June, Minzie joined Young Life on a trip to North Carolina, spending one week at the Christian camp, Windy Gap.
"I've never met a more well liked kid, a more popular kid, a kid with more best friends, a kid that people wanted to be around more than him," said James.
Minzie's memorial service will be this Sunday at 1 P.M. at Grace United Methodist Church in Gainesville.
- Remembering 9/11
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Coach Killed in Car Crash is Remembered
- North Central Florida High Schoolers Remembered
- Remembering American Heroes
- Chef Elmo Remembered
- Staff Sgt. Bryan Berky Remembered
- Woman in jail on manslaugher charge after crash she doesn't remember
- 86 Year-Old Veteran Still Remembers
- Dixie County Hosts 5K Run To Remember Captain Chad Reed