School Board Candidates Discuss Charter Schools
Charter schools are public schools with one huge exception they don't have to play by the exact same rules as their counterparts. The role of those schools was one topic of conversation at a forum Thursday evening. Candidates took questions from people at Hoggetowne Middle School. Hoggetowne is a public charter school in Gainesville.
"Ideally, we would work in synergy with our other public school counterparts that means we are going to try things that are a little different," said Principal Gaspar Nichols.
To see where candidates stand on charter schools and one student's perceptive, watch the video to your right.
- Alachua County School Board candidates react
- School Board Decides Against Adding Interim Superintendent Lyons to List of Final Candidates
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- A New Charter School For North Central Florida
- Two Students Arrested Following Explosion Outside Gainesville Charter School
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Former YMCA Complex to Become New Charter School
- Gainesville Charter School Forced to Close
- Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms