School Board Candidates Discuss Charter Schools
Charter schools are public schools with one huge exception they don't have to play by the exact same rules as their counterparts. The role of those schools was one topic of conversation at a forum Thursday evening. Candidates took questions from people at Hoggetowne Middle School. Hoggetowne is a public charter school in Gainesville.
"Ideally, we would work in synergy with our other public school counterparts that means we are going to try things that are a little different," said Principal Gaspar Nichols.
To see where candidates stand on charter schools and one student's perceptive, watch the video to your right.
- School Board Decides Against Adding Interim Superintendent Lyons to List of Final Candidates
- Alachua County School Board candidates react
- Alachua County Discusses Charter Amendment Initiatives
- Candidates Discuss Issues at Debate
- New Alachua County Charter School Ready for First Day of School
- Gainesville Commissioners discuss creating own Governance Board
- City commissioners discuss utility advisor board for GRU
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
- Gainesville Charter School Forced to Close