Sheriff's Blue Ribbon Task Force Approved
Marion County Board of Commissioners approved the formation of a blue-ribbon panel Tuesday that will study the possibility of consolidating the Marion County Sheriff and Fire Departments.
Sheriff Ed Dean submitted a proposal last week in a letter to Commission Chair, Barbara Fitos stating a consolidation could save thousands of taxpayers' dollars.
According to Chairwoman Fitos, the panel will include a total of seven members. The Sheriff and the five Commissioners will each appoint one member of the panel. A seventh member would be jointly appointed by the Sheriff and the Commissioners. That individual would serve as the chairperson of the the blue-ribbon task force.
The panel will have until the January 18th board meeting to submit their recommendations for a consolidation.
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- New Grant Funds ASO's Child Sexual Predator Task Force
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
- NAACP Says Sheriff's Office Is Guilty of Discrimination
- New Sheriff's Office Allegations, Same Family