Do you fit in your car?
That's the question University of Florida students asked senior drivers in Gainesville today.
The UF school of occupational therapy hosts an annual "car fit" event to help drivers make sure they're safe in their vehicles. Grad students in the program were trained to be “Carfit” technicians for the AAA and A.A.R.P. sponsored event.
In addition to walking drivers through the checklist, the students suggested adaptive equipment and shared other safety tips. For upcoming Carfit events and safety information click on this link
- CarFit For Senior On The Wheel
- Program Introduces Electric Rental Cars in Orlando
- Free fitness apps not measuring up to standards
- 10/15/12 Fitzness Minute: Get into the CrossFit Craze
- Your Fitness: March Madness workout
- Gainesville Health & Fitness: Yoga Tips
- Newly renovated Gainesville Health and Fitness Women's Center opens
- Is Your Car Easy Prey For Crime? GPD Car Report Cards Can Tell You
- Serious car accident leaves woman trapped in her car under a tractor trailer
- Car burglary involving unlocked car caught on camera