A Century of Life
It turns out Ponce De Leon may have only needed to look a little farther west for the fountain of youth. It may just be in Bronson. Levy county's Dogan Cobb turned 100 years young Monday. Family, friends, and community members celebrated the birthday of the once two-time mayor of Bronson and the county's longest living veteran. While time may have stole his young looks, it seemed it couldn't Rob Cobb of his spirit especially a very generous heart.
"The people that have come today and greeted me... it is just nearly more than I can take. It is hard for me to keep firm and solid and not break down," said Cobb.
To see why Cobb believes he has gotten so far and about staying young, watch the video to your right.
- "Pie Lady" of Reddick Celebrates A Century of Life
- Century Tower Reaches a Ringing Milestone
- Mid-Century Modern Home Tour
- "Pals for Life" Saved a Life
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- On Anniversary of Attack in Iraq, Wounded Soldier Recalls Memory and Starting Life Anew
- Real-Life Hamburglars Arrested
- Divorced parents battle over son's life
- Celebration of Life Lost Too Soon at Newberry High School
- ASO Deputies Save Life