Columbia Couny Commission Votes IDA to be County Department
On November 5th Columbia County Commissioners voted three-to-two to make the Industrial Development Authority a County Department. This is not expected to change the way IDA handles its business with companies, however, the executive director of IDA, Jim Poole, says only time will tell.
The IDA is dependent taxing authority that uses their funding to bring businesses and jobs to Columbia County. Within the last six years IDA has brought four companies, with 400 jobs, and a total annual payroll of 15 million dollars.
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- County Commission Votes To Approve New Design
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Two Inmates Shot In A Columbia County Prison
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Columbia County Teen Arrested for Killing His Father
- Commission negotiates fire contracts
- Warren Defeats Orlando by 127 Votes in Gainesville City Commission Runoff
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight