Columbia Couny Commission Votes IDA to be County Department
On November 5th Columbia County Commissioners voted three-to-two to make the Industrial Development Authority a County Department. This is not expected to change the way IDA handles its business with companies, however, the executive director of IDA, Jim Poole, says only time will tell.
The IDA is dependent taxing authority that uses their funding to bring businesses and jobs to Columbia County. Within the last six years IDA has brought four companies, with 400 jobs, and a total annual payroll of 15 million dollars.
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Ida Downgraded to Tropical Storm
- Ida Update
- DMV Expansion In Alachua County
- County Commission Approves Plan To Move Fairgrounds
- Battle for Marion County Commission District 5
- County Commission To Hear Condo Proposal
- Three Seats In Levy County Commission Up For Grabs