Columbia Couny Commission Votes IDA to be County Department
On November 5th Columbia County Commissioners voted three-to-two to make the Industrial Development Authority a County Department. This is not expected to change the way IDA handles its business with companies, however, the executive director of IDA, Jim Poole, says only time will tell.
The IDA is dependent taxing authority that uses their funding to bring businesses and jobs to Columbia County. Within the last six years IDA has brought four companies, with 400 jobs, and a total annual payroll of 15 million dollars.
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Two Inmates Shot In A Columbia County Prison
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Early Voting For Gainesville City Commission
- Ida Downgraded to Tropical Storm
- Ida Update
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate