GPD says airport has been searched and no explosive devices were found. Airport returning to normal.
Columbia Couny Commission Votes IDA to be County Department
On November 5th Columbia County Commissioners voted three-to-two to make the Industrial Development Authority a County Department. This is not expected to change the way IDA handles its business with companies, however, the executive director of IDA, Jim Poole, says only time will tell.
The IDA is dependent taxing authority that uses their funding to bring businesses and jobs to Columbia County. Within the last six years IDA has brought four companies, with 400 jobs, and a total annual payroll of 15 million dollars.
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- County Commission Picks In House Candidate for County Manager Job
- Ida Downgraded to Tropical Storm
- Ida Update
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- County Commission Approves Plan To Move Fairgrounds