Deputies Lend a Helping Hand
It is one of the most crime ridden areas in North Central Florida and deputies are often dispatched there to bring about peace. They were dispatched there again Tuesday night. They gave away holiday food including turkeys and all the fixings. Deputies said those interactions in an area with a poor reputation helps to bring residents and officers together.
"We want them to have a great Thanksgiving. With the economy the way that it is and the jobs they way they are, it is really nice for people to be able to sit down one day out of the year and know they are going to have a nice full meal on the table," said Lieutenant Bella Blizzard of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
To see more on this story, watch the video to your right.
- Lending the Blind a Helping Hand
- Salvation Army Lends Hand To Debby Victims
- Food pantry lending a hand after storm damage
- Red Cross lends a hand in Putnam County
- ARC Center Gets a Helping Hand
- Helping Hands will not manage Dignity Village
- Helping Hands Pet Rescue: The Amazing Give
- Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
- Sheriff's Deputies Say Chiefland Man Used Kids to Help Him Steal
- Neighbor Helps Deputies Catch Crooks