Despite Being Wounded, They Bike On
It has been a long and winding road for a diverse group of service members. One that brought them right here to North Central Florida. Biking from Tampa to Jacksonville, the over 150 strong group stopped in Gainesville Thursday. This stop was familiar for one participant. Gainesville resident, Gator Grad, and army veteran Steven Refowich said the 350 mile ride can be intense but no physical limitation can beat determination.
"They have the ability to do more than what society says they can or cannot do and this ride is an outstanding example of what a person with drive and dedication can do in the face of adversary and in the face of pain," said Reforwich.
The bikers are raising money for an organization called "Ride 2 Recovery." To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Gainesville Celebrates Bike Month With New Bike Lockers
- Local Zombie Movie Produced, Despite Tragedy
- Despite Reinstatement of Death Benefits, NCF Military Families Say Damage Has Been Done
- Homeless Count Completed Despite Cold Temperatures
- GREC Says Biomass Noise Panels Are Working, Despite Not Releasing Operations Log
- North Central Florida Residents Play to Win Near Record Mega Millions Jackpot Despite the Odds
- Summer Harvests, Despite Weather Conditions
- UF Moves Forward With Reitz Union Renovation Despite Funding Gap
- Disaster Asistance Center Closing Despite Oncoming Storm
- Paraplegic Racer Turned Away Despite Qualifying