Despite Being Wounded, They Bike On
It has been a long and winding road for a diverse group of service members. One that brought them right here to North Central Florida. Biking from Tampa to Jacksonville, the over 150 strong group stopped in Gainesville Thursday. This stop was familiar for one participant. Gainesville resident, Gator Grad, and army veteran Steven Refowich said the 350 mile ride can be intense but no physical limitation can beat determination.
"They have the ability to do more than what society says they can or cannot do and this ride is an outstanding example of what a person with drive and dedication can do in the face of adversary and in the face of pain," said Reforwich.
The bikers are raising money for an organization called "Ride 2 Recovery." To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Gainesville Celebrates Bike Month With New Bike Lockers
- Despite Reinstatement of Death Benefits, NCF Military Families Say Damage Has Been Done
- UF's Academic Future Bright Despite State's Dull Economy
- Basketball Team Keeps On Despite Katrina
- Despite Tragic Incident, Horse Competition Continued
- School Name Stays Despite Derogatory Acronym
- Alachua County Students Safe Despite Shooting in D.C.
- Columbia County Sheriff Doing Just Fine, Despite Rumors
- Plans to Narrow Lanes Advanced Despite Opposition
- Life at a Standstill Despite Jury's Indictment of Accused Teen Killers