Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
She said she now has time to take some piano lessons. After being handed a solid defeat on election day, Alachua county commission chair Cynthia Chestnut had remained relatively silent up until Tuesday's morning commission meeting. County staff and fellow commissioners bid her farewell just one week after voters chose political outsider and tea-party backed republican Susan Baird over Chestnut.
"It's been my pleasure to serve the citizens to be a voice for the voiceless and that has been the story of my life," said Chestnut.
To see the full report, watch the video to your right.
- Cynthia Chestnut New Chair of Alachua County Commission
- Last Alachua County "Informal" Meeting
- Verbal Smackdown Inside Alachua County Commission Meeting
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Recordings of County Commission Meeting Center of Lawsuit
- County Millage Rates Discussed at Commission Meeting
- Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Stopped in Gainesville
- City Commission to Add Fuel Adjustment Item to Next Meeting's Agenda
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager