Five Children Die in Citra House Fire
A major tragedy in Marion County, in the community of Citra.
5-children are dead after a fire swept through their home.
It happened so quick... Most of the family could not get out.
Only 3-people survived... However they are in critical condition in the hospital.
TV20’s Dan Larkin was at the scene this morning.
Firefighters told Dan that it took only a matter of minutes before the entire home you seen behind me was engulfed in flames. Seven fire stations and an uncounted number of rescue workers arrived around 11 p-m and immediately tried to save the eight people inside.
Three adult females escaped through windows... The 31 year old mother and 54 year old grandmother were transported to Monroe Revional Medical Center and the 21 year old aunt was flown to Shands with first and second degreee burns on her face and upper body.
The five children -2 girls ages 6 and 12 and three boys ages 8, 13, and 15 could not be saved.
- Man Dies in Citra House Fire
- Five Year Old Dies in Fire
- 89 Year Old Man Dies in House Fire
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- Man Dies in House Fire
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Four Mobile Homes Destroyed by Fires in Citra
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- 14 cats die in house fire in Florida's Panhandle