How Local is One Farmer's Market?
One movement is calling on people to buy and shop from farmers right around the corner. However, that corner may not be in your neighborhood. Some vendors and shoppers claim there are some at Gainesville downtown farmer's market who purchase produce and then just sell it as their own. Those who run the weekly market adamantly denied this and said they pride themselves on accountability. One shopper said the assumption that produce is locally grown isn't entirely true.
"Know what is in season and what can be growing at that time so I think that might help with knowing who is or isn't telling the truth," said shopper Christine Regan.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Controversy at the Farmer's Market
- Farmer's Market New Pavilion
- Farmer's Market to Open in Ocala
- Farmer's Market at Downtown Square
- Citizens Co-op: Farmer's Market
- Downtown Farmer's Garden
- Customer Base Growing at one North Central Florida Farmers Market
- Protest At Wendy's In Favor Of Farmers
- It's A Grower's Market
- Pam's Trees Back in Fresh Market Plaza