Local Stores Campaign For Your Holiday Dollar
As big box stores and retailers pour millions into advertising the best deals and bargains ahead of black Friday, local stores are taking a markedly different approach.
HobbyTown USA in Gainesville says their pitch during the holidays is the same appeal they make all year round, specialized gifts and friendly and helpful service.
According to Gainesville's Chamber of Commerce they are just one of several locally owned businesses that depend on a holiday sales bump,
like their big-box counterparts.
More so than with national retailers, shopping at mom and pop shops can have an impact on local economies that last well beyond the holidays.
For a list of locally owned stores who are offering holiday deals and sales visit Gainesville Buy Local.
- City Wants Your Feedback On Spending Millions Of Dollars
- More People Looking for Holiday Thrift Store Bargains
- Protecting Your Home while You're Away for the Holiday
- University of Florida Announced 47 Million Dollars In Budget Cuts
- Dollars for Dahlem
- One Million Dollars Towards Local Parks
- Stimulus Dollars to be Spent on Teacher Salaries
- Gainesville Receives Federal Stimulus Dollars
- Stimulus Dollars Cure Summertime Blues
- Church Members Accuse Pastor Of Swindling Thousands Of Dollars