Local Stores Campaign For Your Holiday Dollar
As big box stores and retailers pour millions into advertising the best deals and bargains ahead of black Friday, local stores are taking a markedly different approach.
HobbyTown USA in Gainesville says their pitch during the holidays is the same appeal they make all year round, specialized gifts and friendly and helpful service.
According to Gainesville's Chamber of Commerce they are just one of several locally owned businesses that depend on a holiday sales bump,
like their big-box counterparts.
More so than with national retailers, shopping at mom and pop shops can have an impact on local economies that last well beyond the holidays.
For a list of locally owned stores who are offering holiday deals and sales visit Gainesville Buy Local.
- Gunmen tape workers during Dollar General store robbery
- Residents protest dollar store
- County Commission approves rezoning for potential dollar store
- Dollar General store robbed for second time
- 12th Dollar General store robbery in Marion County
- Holiday shopping at local stores
- Are the Holiday Sales and Extended Store Hours Working?
- Grocery Stores Brace for Holiday Rush
- More People Looking for Holiday Thrift Store Bargains
- How To Have A Healthier Holiday