Police Confident Woods Committed 2007 Murder
Ocala police think one murder has been solved and a second may have been. Thursday night, Ocala Police arrested 27 year old Michael Lamar Woods. He was charged with killing 20 year old Toni Centracco on August 17th 2007.
Police say Woods was in the process of burglarizing her home when she returned, and he gunned her down in her front yard.
New information from an acquaintance of Woods helped break the case.
Lt Michael Balken of the Ocala Police Department explained, "We developed key items of both physical and circumstantial evidence, those pieces of evidence were substantiated and corroborated by key witnesses in the case and we are extremely confident that Michael Woods is the individual that killed Toni Centracco."
Police Chief Samuel Williams added, "We've been meeting regularly with the families of all these people concerned and we're excited about at least having the family now bring some closure to this chapter in their lives."
Police say it is unlikley prosecuters will seek the death penalty in this case simply because Woods intent was to burglarize the home.
Centacco's live-in boyfriend at the time, Marshall Pardee, was killed along with his new girlfriend, 20 Year old Chyavana Hampton, earlier this year. And police say they have not ruled out Woods as a suspect in that ongoing investigation.
- Police Report Shows Tebow Tried to Break Up 2007 Bar Fight Involving Hernandez
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- Man Who Committed Murder Earlier This Month Is Arrested
- Police Search for Suspect in Spring Manor Apartments Murder
- GPD Report Raises Questions About Hernandez Involvement in 2007 Shooting
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Son Charged With Murdering His Own Father, Police Investigating Motive
- GPD Releases Report on 2007 Shooting Involving Hernandez
- City of Gainesville Cleared of Negligence in 2007 Death of Andrew Arosemena
- 2007 Heart of Florida Airshow