Roadwork About to Hit Busy Road
It may be the busiest road in Gainesville and the busiest shopping area in the region. Just as the critical Christmas shopping season gets set to start, Archer road is going under construction. The project, billed as safety improvements, follows a two-year study by the Florida Department of Transportation of Archer road between 34th street and I-75. The findings indicated that more than 600 crashes were reported along that stretch of road.
"The whole idea is every time you cross a lane you up your statistic of getting hit by on coming traffic," said Laurie Windham with FDOT.
To see more on this over a half-million dollar project, watch the video to your right.
- New Road for New Business
- Live Oak Businesses on Road to Recovery After Debby
- Car crash in Ocala raises questions from business owners about SW 20th Street safety
- Business owners concerned about Midtown construction project
- Local Businesses Take Hit on Cyber Monday
- Small Ocala businesses take a negative hit becaue of construction
- Newberry High Students Learn About the Dangers of the Road
- Suspicious Fire Hits Family Business
- Thieves Hit Up RV Business
- Nations Park Hits Road Blocks