Roadwork About to Hit Busy Road
It may be the busiest road in Gainesville and the busiest shopping area in the region. Just as the critical Christmas shopping season gets set to start, Archer road is going under construction. The project, billed as safety improvements, follows a two-year study by the Florida Department of Transportation of Archer road between 34th street and I-75. The findings indicated that more than 600 crashes were reported along that stretch of road.
"The whole idea is every time you cross a lane you up your statistic of getting hit by on coming traffic," said Laurie Windham with FDOT.
To see more on this over a half-million dollar project, watch the video to your right.
- U-turn on Proposed Roadwork?
- Newberry High Students Learn About the Dangers of the Road
- Thieves Hit Up RV Business
- Suspicious Fire Hits Family Business
- New Road for New Business
- Live Oak Businesses on Road to Recovery After Debby
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road
- Nations Park Hits Road Blocks
- Pedestrian Hit In The Road
- Lake Butler Teen Hit By Car On State Road 121