Sante Fe's "Operation Carepak" Is Sending Love to Soldiers
Sante Fe College is supporting Florida soldiers for their second year with "Operation Carepak 2."
Operation Carepak provides monthly care packages to members of the Florida Army National Guard's Special Forces group.
Carepak is in memory of two Sante Fe students who lost their lives in Iraq in 2003.
The program was started last year by Anne Marie Mattison, the mother of one of the fallen soldiers. She said, "This is really a way to honor their memory, and to do what they would be doing, and to let the community know that this is going to be a long drawn out war...What we do in Operation Care Pak is we support the men and women who are deployed."
For more information on Operation Carepak and how you can donate go to http://www.sfcollege.edu/operationcarepak/.
- Illegal Online Gambling stopped in "Operation Game Over"
- "Operation Dry Water" Cracks Down on Illegal Boating Activities
- "Operation Rebuild," Helping Others In Marion County
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Operation CarePak Kicks Off at Santa Fe College
- Santa Fe's Casey Scoggin's, Walking On and Loving It
- "Love, Not Dove" T-Shirts
- (Don't) Love That Dirty Water
- Operation "Night Light" Nabs Three Local Sex Offenders
- Governor's Office Accidentally Sends Thank-You Letter to White Supremacist