Stunning Defeat in Alachua County
A stunning defeat in Alachua County. Voters kicked an established politician out of office in turn she kicked the media out of her after party. Commission chair Cynthia Chestnut will be replaced for the first time in recent memory by a republican. Chestnut offered the media just one word "out." She offered no comment after it appeared she would lose. The winner, republican Susan Baird, celebrated her victory surrounded by rowdy supporters.
"my goal was to really start representing what the people need in Alachua county so that we can do better so we can set ourselves up and prosper," said Baird.
With the all precincts reporting, Baird had 54.04 percent of the vote compared to Chestnut's 45.96. To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- DMV Expansion In Alachua County
- Remembering Von Fraser, Alachua County Tax Collector
- Alachua County Schools Superintendent Picked
- Alachua County Discusses Charter Amendment Initiatives