According to the National Fire Protection Association cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries. Thanksgiving remains the leading day for cooking fires.
We are just a week away from Thanksgiving, it's time to make your preparations. Family and friends will gather in the kitchen; cooking, catching up, and giving thanks. All the chaos may bring some unwanted surprises.
Alachua County fire marshal Mark Smith says do not leave the kitchen unattended and children should remain away from the stoves. If you plan to fry your turkey, know that oil and water don't mix.
- Average Cost for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Baskets Help Local Families
- FHP and Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving and Law Enforcement
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House
- FHP Writes Nearly 8,000 Tickets Over the Thanksgiving Holidays
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday
- Traveling During the Thanksgiving Holiday? Plan Ahead if Your're Coming Back Sunday
- Helping the Homeless on Thanksgiving