According to the National Fire Protection Association cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries. Thanksgiving remains the leading day for cooking fires.
We are just a week away from Thanksgiving, it's time to make your preparations. Family and friends will gather in the kitchen; cooking, catching up, and giving thanks. All the chaos may bring some unwanted surprises.
Alachua County fire marshal Mark Smith says do not leave the kitchen unattended and children should remain away from the stoves. If you plan to fry your turkey, know that oil and water don't mix.
- Average Cost for Thanksgiving Dinner
- City Offers St. Francis House Location for Thanksgiving Meals
- Thanksgiving Special: Firehouse Feasts, Recipe 2
- Pre-Thanksgiving Shopping; Early Bird Gets the Deals
- Firehouse Feasts Thanksgiving Recipe 3
- Firehouse Feasts Thanksgiving Recipe 4
- Thanksgiving Series: Firehouse Feasts Day 5
- Ready to Serve on Thanksgiving
- "International Friendship" Thanksgiving Dinner
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals