Trenton Police Chief Officially Fired
Trenton's police chief Billy Smith was officially fired at tonight's city commission meeting. It started with a petition launched by a former employee of the police department and ended with the chief's termination.
He was fired by city manager Taylor Brown on November 5th and appealed this decision at tonight's meeting. Smith's attorney, Ray Earl Thomas, asked the commission for a second chance for his client.
After two and a half hours and a couple heated arguments, the commission unanimously voted to uphold their decision to fire the chief. Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office will take over the chief's responsibilities until his position is filled.
- Trenton Police Chief Under Fire
- Trenton Police Chief Fired
- Petition Against The Trenton Police Chief
- Sanford Police Chief Fired
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- Lake City Police Chief Suspended
- Gainesville Police Chief Responds To Critics
- Lake City Police Chief Resigns
- Lake City Police Chief Reinstated