Veteran Flags Retired in Ocala
They once honored some of America's bravest by being draped over their coffins. Friday, six American flags received their own honor.
The flags were retired today at the Francis Marion Military Academy in Ocala, belonging to six service members who paid the ultimate price for their country.
Those who served were on the minds of the cadets who participated.
"All the veterans that have served for that flag and everyone that participated on the war and died so we can have our freedom, "
Cadet Caytlyn Bondank said.
Several Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4209 were present during the ceremony.
The honored servicemen included members of the U.S. Army, Navy and Marine Corps.
- A Field of Flags in Ocala
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Veteran Gets Mortgage Free Home in Ocala
- Red Flag Warning
- Fighting Fraud with the "Red Flags Rule"
- Cedar Key Postmaster Takes POW-MIA Flag Down
- American Flags Fly High in Cedar Key on Independence Day
- Kanapaha Park Vandalized, Flag Stolen
- Homeowner Uses Upside Down American Flag to Prostest Direction of Country
- Chief Norman Botsford Retires