Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County
A resident of Alachua County has received a great big gift from the county, all tied up with a ribbon and bow.
Effie Theus's home was nearly unlivable just months ago, and in violation of county code. But Theus couldn't afford to fix it.
So the county teamed up with Alachua County Habitat For Humanity and Alachua Youth Build to renovate her home.
Theus said, "I can't tell you how I feel...you know it's too wonderful. I love it."
Representatives from the county, Habitat for Humanity and Youth Build all attended the ribbon cutting to celebrate the newly renovated home.
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Local teen get's an early start in politics...
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Sheriff: Payne's Arrest is Big Day for Alachua County
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Commissioners Make Two Big Decisions
- Big Changes at Alachua County Jail
- First Alachua County Resident Dies of Swine Flu