Christmas Eve Tragedy
A mobile home fire in Lake City took the life of a 19-year-old on Christmas Eve. There were three people inside the home at the start of the fire, two of them got out, thinking the other was following behind, but Eric Snyder never made it out.
For most people Christmas Eve is time with family and friends, but for one family in Lake City it will forever be remembered as the day they lost their loved one. Derek Shiver lives next door with his wife and kids to the mobile home that caught fire. He was awakened from the screams and his horse running outside his bedroom window. Shiver, Snyder's mother Shawn Wheeler, and her son's friend Howard Simms did everything they could to save Erik, but it was too late.
When fire fighters arrived on scene the home was engulfed in flames. Erik Snyder was found 4ft from the front door. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but fire chief David Boozer says they do know it started in the living room.
Funeral arrangements for Erik Snyder have not been set.
- A Christmas Eve Tragedy May be A Lawsuit
- Christmas Eve Shooting
- North Central Floridians take advantage of unusually warm Christmas Eve
- Roadside Safety Checkpoint in Alachua County on New Year's Eve
- New Year's Eve Brings Music, Money to Gainesville
- Road Safety for New Years Eve
- New Year's Eve Party
- Travelodge Gainesville Burns In New Year's Eve Fire
- Some Businesses Welcome New Year's Eve
- Make Your Christmas Trees Last Until Christmas