Emilia Carr Breaks Silence
She is convicted of kidnapping and first degree murder, possible facing the death penalty.
Breaking her silence, Emilia Carr spoke from inside the Marion County Jail.
The 26 year-old claims she did not kill Heather Strong.
"I thought that when people saw the trial that they would know that I have nothing to do with this," Carr said.
On February 15th, 2009, Heather Strong, a mother of two, was murdered in Boardman. Her body was found a month later buried in a shallow grave in the backyard of Carr's mother's house.
Strong's husband, Joshua Folgham and his then-pregnant girlfreind, Emilia Carr were arrested in connection to the murder.
During Carr's recent two-week-long trail, prosecutors told a story of a love triangle turned deadly, placing Carr inside the trailer where Strong was suffocated to death.
But Carr claims that she was unaware Fulgham and Strong were in her mother's storage trailer the night Strong was killed.
"I was never there, and then the police questioning me, first thing they started doing was threatening me with my kids."
Unbeknown to Carr, Marion County Sheriff's Detectives were listening in on a conversation between Carr and Folgham's sister in which Carr places herself inside the trailer and makes herself out to be a participant in the murder.
"I was trying to get all these details 'cuz they kept wanting details before they would go to the State Attorney's with immunity," Carr said. "Details, details, so I made up stories."
Now possibly facing death row, Carr said she feels confused about the grounds on which she was convicted.
Marion County Judge Willard Pope will decide whether Carr will receive life in prison or the death penalty on February 22nd.
- Guilty Verdict for Emilia Carr
- Jury Recommends the Death Penalty for Emilia Carr
- Emilia Carr Receives Death Penalty
- Emilia Carr Murder Trail: Opening Statements
- Emilia Carr's Mother Speaks Out
- Urban Meyer Breaks Silence on Aaron Hernandez
- Public Service Commissions Chairman Finally Breaks Silence
- BioMass Plant: Silenced Committee Member Speaks Out
- Silencing Prayer Before City Meetings
- Woman Tries to Silence Her Infant By Attempting to Suffocate Him