Fire Danger Might Mean No Fireworks
Fire danger across North Central Florida is expected to rise Tuesday. It's danger that may only be heightened as people get ready to usher in the New Year with a bang. Firefighters said fireworks pose a threat this holiday season and that a very small spark can create a large fire.
"We have been running calls routinely off the interstate and off the major highways from sparks created by automobiles... that are actually starting brush fires off the shoulders of the road," said Harold Thesus with the Alachua County Fire Rescue.
To see more on this report including where burn bans are in effect, watch the video to your right.
- Dangerous Fireworks
- BRUSH FIRE DANGER
- Dangerous Fires Cause Evacuations
- Dangerous Driving Conditions Due to Fire
- Experts Say Trayvon Martin's Murder Might be Racial Profiling
- Violent Crimes Might Get You Evicted
- Fatal Crashes Might Be Linked
- What Does Dad Mean to You?
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City
- Charter Amendment One was Defeated. What does this mean for Gainesville's Businesses.