Fire Danger Might Mean No Fireworks
Fire danger across North Central Florida is expected to rise Tuesday. It's danger that may only be heightened as people get ready to usher in the New Year with a bang. Firefighters said fireworks pose a threat this holiday season and that a very small spark can create a large fire.
"We have been running calls routinely off the interstate and off the major highways from sparks created by automobiles... that are actually starting brush fires off the shoulders of the road," said Harold Thesus with the Alachua County Fire Rescue.
To see more on this report including where burn bans are in effect, watch the video to your right.
- Dangerous Fireworks
- Dangerous Driving Conditions Due to Fire
- BRUSH FIRE DANGER
- Dangerous Fires Cause Evacuations
- Experts Say Trayvon Martin's Murder Might be Racial Profiling
- School Districts Might Have To Choose Textbooks
- Violent Crimes Might Get You Evicted
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- Fatal Crashes Might Be Linked
- The Man Behind the Boom: Three Generations of Fireworks