GRU Closer to Building Biomass Plant
Gainesville Regional Utility is one step closer to building a proposed biomass plant while opponents are one step closer to defeat. On Tuesday Governor Charlie Crist and the state's cabinet voted unanimously in favor of GRU's proposed 100 megawatt biomass plant. Look at the story on the right to see what both sides are saying about the project.
- Biomass Plant is "Commercially Operational," GRU Customers Will Feel Impact this Month
- GRU Biomass Power Plant Contract Revealed
- PSC Says GRU Can Build New Plant
- BioMass Plant: Silenced Committee Member Speaks Out
- GREC Removes Application for Biomass Plant Air Permit
- Commissioners Debate Whether to Purchase Biomass Plant
- As Residents Complain of Biomass Smell, Plant Officials Say It's Only Temporary
- Gainesville Leaders Wait to Make Offer on Biomass Plant
- NAACP Concerns Over Biomass Plant
- Emotions Run High as Commissioners Face Questions During Biomass Plant "Workshop"