Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Hawthorne Votes to Rezone Land in Exchange for Ownership
An ongoing dispute in one North Central Florida city is over but the transaction didn't go forward without some heated moments. City of Hawthorne commissioners voted to accept a so-called gift of land from property owner Ben Campen. The deal didn't come without strings attached. The city voted to rezone the land for commercial use. Campen admitted he'll get a nice tax write off but argued the city will now have the ultimate say over its future use.
"I know it may have sounded like I was threatening but I had gotten to the end of the rope... I have tried to resolve this for years," said Campen.
To see more on this report and why residents were concerned about the rezoning, watch the video to your right.
- Gainesville City Leaders Discuss Ownership of Possible Bio-Mass Power Plant
- Bumpy start for Florida health insurance exchange
- Ex-Con Arrested after Online Exchange with a 13-year Girl
- Man Offers Gator Football Ticket in Exchange for Date With Daughter
- Rezoning the One Stop Homeless Center
- School Re-Zoning
- School Rezoning to Affect Magnet Programs
- Math Club May Suffer Because of Rezoning
- Rezoning Issue In Starke
- Dodgers Sold to Ownership Group