Nation's "School Grade"
The nation got it's "school grade" on Wednesday. Test results show how students here compare to those overseas.
According to scores from the "Programme for International Student Assessment," out of 34 countries, the U.S. ranked 14th in reading, 17th in science, and 25th in math.
The highest scoring countries being China, Finland, and Singapore.
Jean Crockett, director at the University of Florida's College of Education says the U.S. has a commitment to educating all students...which can drive overall test scores down.
"Whether a child is very bright or whether a child has intellectual disabilities, our laws say we offer an equal educational opportunity" said Crockett.
Crockett says the country's mediocre performance compared to other nations shows, there's an investment to be made in how the students are being taught.
- School Officials Blame Dip in Grades on State's Changes to F-CAT
- Gainesville Honored As One Of The Nation's Best In Biking
- Gainesville One of Nation's Most Well-Read Cities
- Shands Among Nation's Best
- School Grades Released
- School Grades Are In
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- New School Grades Revealed
- New Grading System for Florida High Schools
- Grading Area High Schools