Negotations Will Continue Over Butler Plaza's Expansion
A major business expansion, that looked set to move forward Monday night, didn't. At the special commission meeting, developers of Butler Plaza took aim at a condition imposed by the city. Experts explained one condition would make the plan unaffordable. Some city leaders wondered why an objection wasn't raised beforehand.
"When we sit here and we're in a meeting where ideally we would be taking final action to approve the zoning. We kinda of got two choices. We can approve the staff recommendation over the grievous concerns of the applicant or we can deny the application" said commissioner Thomas Hawkins.
Both sides will now try to work out an agreement. To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- City Commission Approves Changes to Butler Plaza Expansion Project
- Butler Plaza Expansion, I-75 Overpass
- Rooftop Fire at Butler Plaza Forces Shoppers to Evacuate
- Argument Continues Over Oil Drilling Off Florida's Coast
- A Little Bit of Rain Doesn't Dampen Hanukkah's Menorah Lighting
- Fresh & Juicy: Grape Stompin' Festival
- Duke Energy Customers Will Continue to Pay for Abandoned Nuclear Plants
- Search for Johnny Radabaugh Will Continue Saturday
- Will Voters Continue The One Mill?
- Volunteer Group Will Continue To Feed People After A Woman is Kidnapped and Beaten