Negotations Will Continue Over Butler Plaza's Expansion
A major business expansion, that looked set to move forward Monday night, didn't. At the special commission meeting, developers of Butler Plaza took aim at a condition imposed by the city. Experts explained one condition would make the plan unaffordable. Some city leaders wondered why an objection wasn't raised beforehand.
"When we sit here and we're in a meeting where ideally we would be taking final action to approve the zoning. We kinda of got two choices. We can approve the staff recommendation over the grievous concerns of the applicant or we can deny the application" said commissioner Thomas Hawkins.
Both sides will now try to work out an agreement. To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Butler Plaza Expansion, I-75 Overpass
- City Commission Approves Changes to Butler Plaza Expansion Project
- Gainesville City Commissioners To Vote On Butler Plaza Annexation
- Butler Plaza Plans Move Forward
- Rooftop Fire at Butler Plaza Forces Shoppers to Evacuate
- Man Killed by Police on Butler Plaza
- Argument Continues Over Oil Drilling Off Florida's Coast
- Pam's Trees Back in Fresh Market Plaza
- Duke Energy Customers Will Continue to Pay for Abandoned Nuclear Plants
- Will Voters Continue The One Mill?