Death toll adjusted down to 24 in Moore, OK by medical examiner; warns it will go up.
A Prescribed High
They're calling it this decade's cocaine and a huge drug bust spanning ten counties in North Central Florida served as a warning Tuesday night. A resounding message from police, the growing epidemic of abusing prescription drugs will not be tolerated. Law enforcement's latest example "Operation Growing Pains" that netted 135 arrests. The operation targeted prescription drug traffickers who make a living off of addicted men and women.
"We are lulled into this idea that prescription drugs are safe and okay and some people think it's okay to share but you can't and that is what is illegal," said Alachua county sheriff Sadie Darnell.
To see more on this report including exactly how much officers seized, watch the video to your right.
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Prescribed Burning Season in North Central Florida
- Foster Kids Wrongfully Prescribed Drugs
- Prescribed Fire for a North Central Park and its Wild Life
- Six Neighboring High Schools Rank in Newsweek's Top 1500 Public High School List
- High Beef Cattle Prices Means High Profits
- Tragedy of "Invisible Children" Brought Closer to Home For Williston High Students
- Shark Attacks Reach A Decade High
- High Price of Racing
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting