A Prescribed High
They're calling it this decade's cocaine and a huge drug bust spanning ten counties in North Central Florida served as a warning Tuesday night. A resounding message from police, the growing epidemic of abusing prescription drugs will not be tolerated. Law enforcement's latest example "Operation Growing Pains" that netted 135 arrests. The operation targeted prescription drug traffickers who make a living off of addicted men and women.
"We are lulled into this idea that prescription drugs are safe and okay and some people think it's okay to share but you can't and that is what is illegal," said Alachua county sheriff Sadie Darnell.
To see more on this report including exactly how much officers seized, watch the video to your right.
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Foster Kids Wrongfully Prescribed Drugs
- As Temperatures Fall, Number of Prescribed Burns Rise
- Prescribed Burn in Levy County
- Huge Difference By Region When It Comes To Prescribing Antidepressants To Elderly
- Prescribed Fire Burn
- Prescribed Fire for a North Central Park and its Wild Life
- Prescribed Burning Season in North Central Florida
- Prescribed burn at Goethe State Forest
- Registering High Schoolers to Vote at Gainesville High School