Robber Gets Too Comfortable
Alachua County Sheriff's deputies responded to a burglar alarm that went off around 9:00 P.M. Christmas night at the BP Gas Station in southwest Alachua county.
The deputies cleared the area, after not seeing any evidence of a burglary. Their guy had entered through the roof.
According to deputies, John Stewart, 43 years old, cut through the roof of the building with an axe, and attempted to saw through the ATM machine before leaving the store with 23 cartons of cigarettes and about $400 in cash and coins.
Sam Parikh, the store manager, recognized Stewart in the surveillance footage as one of his frequent and longtime customers.
Stewart showed up at the station again that afternoon, after his car ran out of gas. Parikh called deputies, who arrested Stewart, and found the axe and cartons of cigarettes in his car.
- Too Close For Comfort?
- Homeschoolers Get Recess, Friends and Art too
- Get Your Furnace Checked Before Its Too Late
- Too Much, Too Soon
- Gator Baseball Freshman Casey Turgeon Getting Comfortable
- Gators Gymnastics Gets Comfortable Win vs. Illinois-Chicago
- Gainesville Police Search for Wells Fargo Bank Robber
- Female Bank Robber Arrested
- Bank Robbers on the Run
- Homeowner Surprises Would-be Robber