Some Businesses Welcome New Year's Eve
Predictions are high among establishments who want people to come out and celebrate New Year's Eve. Restaurant and bar staff close to downtown Gainesville said they hope the holiday will bring in the crowds. One bartender said he believes more people in town will mean just that.
"The biggest thing I've noticed over the year is that people have decided not to go away for big weekends or big events. They tend to be in town so they tend to spend a little more, " said Tom Blake of Lillian's Music Store.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Travelodge Gainesville Burns In New Year's Eve Fire
- Roadside Safety Checkpoint in Alachua County on New Year's Eve
- New Year's Eve Brings Music, Money to Gainesville
- New Year's Eve Party
- New Year's Resolutions
- Marion County New Year's Health Resolution
- No Days Off on New Year's for Law Enforcement Officers
- New Year's Resolution: Financially Fit in 2012
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals
- The Right New Year's Resolution For You