Suicides In Gainesville On The Rise
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Recently Gainesville's Police Department says they've seen a spike in the number of people who have taken their own lives.
Alachua County Crisis Center is working with individual families to help the community heal and combat this alarming trend.
While it may seem like there's a link between the holidays and suicide trends, mental health advocates say that can be deceiving.
Marshall Knudson, the center's director, says the economy has also caused an increase overall in the number of people who took their own life.
There are several resources available for people who are struggling with suicidal thoughts or depression visit Alachua County Crisis Center.
- Violent Crimes Rates Rise In Gainesville
- Homeless Women and Children on the Rise in Gainesville
- Scooter Thefts on the Rise in Gainesville
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- Warning Signs of Suicide Not Always Easy to See
- Bizarre Murder/Suicide Premeditated?
- Apparent Murder-Suicide Kills 2
- Florida Suicide Prevention
- Jail Suicide
- Marion County Murder Suicide