Tent City Comeback?
A little more than 3 years ago, Gainesville police cleared out an area dubbed "Tent City." Some homeless people appear to have returned to the area. Homeless advocates said when police remove homeless people from campsites like these typically there is no backup plan. Instead of placing blaming on law enforcement, they place the responsibility on society's shoulders.
"We allow these things to happen and we still have no place for these people. We would rather just throw them to wherever they can find a place to lay their head down at night instead of actually investing the time and the money to get these people into housing," said homeless advocate Max Tipping
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- Tent City Double Stabbing
- Tent City Evictions
- Residents of Tent City Forced to Move
- Tent City Residents Forced to Move
- Tent City Update
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
- Tent City Aftermath Part I
- Tent City Aftermath Part II
- Tent City Aftermath Part III