U-turn on Proposed Roadwork?
Radical changes to one critical, busy thoroughfare in North Central Florida appear to be off the table as of Friday evening. That's according to a majority of those who will ultimately decide its fate. Since it's a county project, Alachua county commissioners have the final say. We decided to see where they stand after recent, at times heated citizen discussion.
"We try very hard in the decisions we make to make sure people are successful. We shouldn't be doing something that we know is going to have an overall negative impact on someone's livelihood," said Alachua county commission chair Lee Pinkoson.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Roadwork About to Hit Busy Road
- Farmers Discuss the Proposed Farm Bill
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- MAYOR BRADDY PROPOSING CITY MEETINGS TIME LIMIT
- Committee is Proposing Changes to Alachua County's School Dress Code
- Crist proposes tuition reform
- County Commission To Hear Condo Proposal
- Proposed Business Changes to Gainesville's Anti-Discrimination Law
- Proposed Ordinance Hopes To Cut Down On Underage Drinking
- DOC Proposing To Build New Prison