Waldo Sues Alachua County
Pay up, that is what leaders in one North Central Florida city are saying to Alachua County. Waldo filed a lawsuit against the county that some said was 10 years in the making. The dispute centers around money used from traffic citations for law enforcement's radio system. If Waldo wins, city manager Kim Worley said the money would be designated for one purpose.
"We can't use that for anything else. We can't buy new cars, a new building, we can't do anything like that. It could only be used towards the radios," said Worley.
To learn more about this story, watch the video to your right.
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Alachua County sues City of Gainesville
- 19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
- Boil Water Notice Issued For The City of Waldo
- Waldo Tickets Being Dismissed
- Waldo Seeing Financial Struggles After Disbanding Police Force
- Residents angry with plan to close Waldo Community School
- Waldo community fights for school
- City of Waldo could be billed almost $80,000
- County Commissioners join fight to save Waldo school