Alive in Their Hearts
Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of his death. Dixie County Sheriff's Capt. Chad Reed was killed in the line of duty January 14th last year. In the passing year, Reed's family attended multiple ceremonies and dedications in honor of his life. Now that he's gone his memory lives on in his loved ones.
When Chad was killed he left behind his two sons CJ, ten, Caden, six, and Holly: his best friend, partner in life, his wife. His death was an unexpected tragedy that shook the lives of those who knew him. Now , a year later, Holly is strong, and says there is one thing that will bring her closure.
Holly Reed says she spoke to her husband just minutes before his death. He thought he was going to make an arrest, and instead, was involved in a shootout that ended his life. The shootout happened at the BP gas station down the road from where the Reed's live. Holly says she avoids that station as much as possible, but still has to face the reality that her best friend is gone.
It's the little things Holly says that remind her of Chad and help lift her spirits. Holly says "it is difficult to truly say how you feel even a year later how you feel about it I do want to have a conversation with him, will it be difficult yes but to me that would be closure."
The trial for John Kalisz, the man accused of murdering Capt. Chad Reed, is set for March 14th.
- Heart to Heart Silent Auction
- Dance Alive National Ballet
- Ocala Man Who Disappeared From Assisted Living Facility Found Alive
- 96-Year-Old Woman Brutally Attacked Still Alive
- Arrive Alive
- Huuda Memorial Kept Alive by Strangers
- Puppy Buried Alive, Accidentally Found By Williston Police
- Dance Alive National Ballet Presents "Phantom"
- Five Alive, After Carbon Monoxide Scare In Ocala
- After 70 Years One Couple Found A Way to Keep the Love Alive