"Bound by Haiti" at UF
Jon Bougher and Roman Saufiullin are back on campus, screening their documentary, "Bound by Haiti" to the University of Florida community.
Their footage, (captured on a return trip to Haiti after the earthquake) was subject to controversy, when UF officials said they couldn't use it in their final thesis film for credit because it was shot during a university travel ban to the island nation.
In April, the filmmakers threatened the university with a lawsuit, and the policy was amended.
Bougher and Saufiullin hope the documentary inspires people to help Haitians, who are still in need one year after the devastating earthquake.
- Gainesville Group Builds "Earthbag Houses" For Haiti Earthquake Survivors
- "Hope on the Move" for Haiti
- Woman Bound, Gagged, Blinfolded
- Homeward Bound
- Gator Bowl Bound! Florida vs Ohio State in "Urban Meyer" Bowl, DT Easley Out After ACL Surgery
- Two UF Students Are Missing In Haiti
- State Emergency Workers Coordinate Haiti Relief Efforts
- How To Help: Local Haiti Relief Efforts
- UF Graduate Students In Haiti Safe
- U.S. Military Prepares To Send More Personnel, Supplies To Haiti